Urban Canal Photography Course
Gritty, Urban, Industrial, Historical, Decay, Regeneration, Nature, & Life all mixed within one 3 hour photographic course!
Come with us to capture part of life along Manchester’s Industrial Heritage Canal Ways.
Key elements of interest include Manchester’s industrial heritage and magnificent architecture; wildlife: kingfishers, mink, swans, geese, people; life on the canal, boaters – waterscape, reflections, shadows, canal infrastructure e.g. bridges, locks and railways. You will be able to capture this ever changing backdrop and be part of documenting this part of Manchester’s rich history!
Working within a group, this 3-hour course will enable you to explore the canal walkways in the City Centre of Manchester, with our internationally renowned photographers and you will acquire the knowledge in how to:
- understanding exposure and shutter speeds,
- understanding distance and focal length,
- identifying and utilising the natural surroundings and everyday objects to enhance the overall shot,
- identifying how the mix of gritty and urban life can be interesting and dramatic.
This course is suitable for:
- Those that have already attended our Beginners Photography Course and want to progress in skill
- Those with some experience of photography and an understanding of how a camera works.
- Those that want to capture Manchester’s Industrial Heritage.
Targeting: Everyone that has an interest in Photography.
- Any camera and level are welcome, from camera phone to swanky DSLR’s
- Aspects of this course take place outside; please ensure you wear suitable clothes for outdoor photography and the forecast weather conditions.
- SENSIBLE FLAT SHOES – the canal paths require the wearing of supportive with good traction shoes.
- It is important that you notify our staff ON ARRIVAL if you have any medical condition that we should know about.
Courses run from our School (22 Lever Street, Manchester, M1 1EA) across several days of the week – please check the course schedule for dates and availability. We run both AM & PM session (9-12) & 1-4)
To book email email@example.com Stating your 1) Name 2) Course name 3) Course Date 4) Payment Method – Paypal/Gift Voucher security code/Agency voucher numbers and codes. Payment can be made here.