The art of taking street candid photographs
We live amongst some very interesting creatures, not all of them can hold the natural look when they know that someone is watching and most like to pose for that ‘say cheese’ moment whenever they see a camera in sight.
Street candid photography is the art of capturing the most natural memorable moments that can happen in a heartbeat!
To achieve that decent candid photograph without the subject realising or before the scene changes, means you have to be ready!
Working within a group, you will explore the busy streets of the Northern Quarter in the City Centre of Manchester, with our internationally renowned street photographer and you will acquire the knowledge in how to capture street candid’s, by:
- understanding exposure and shutter speeds,
- understanding distance and focal length,
- understanding the reasons why you need to ‘shooting from the hip’,
- identifying and utilising the natural surroundings and everyday objects to enhance the overall shot,
- identifying the unguarded moments,
- managing the moment!
This course is suitable for:
- Those that have already attended our Beginners Photography Course and you want to progress your skill
- Those with some experience of photography and an understanding of how a camera works.
- Those that want to capture the activities of Manchester during the day.
Targeting: Those wanting to learn how to photograph street candids.
- Any camera and level are welcome, an DSLR is recommended but not essential.
- Aspects of this course take place outside; please ensure you wear suitable clothes for outdoor photography.
- It is important that you notify our staff ON ARRIVAL if you have any medical condition that we should know about.
3 hour sessions running on Wednesday Mornings (9am to 12 noon) and Saturday mornings. (9am to 12 noon)
Courses run from our 22 Lever Street School, please check the course schedule for dates and availability.
To book email email@example.com
How to book
Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book on your course with your name and preferred date, the course you wish to attend. If you are lucky enough to have a discounted or gift voucher for this event please make sure that you also email us the security code too!
We will then email by return to confirm your place.
(For administration purposes please also bring your discounted/gift vouchers to the course, without them you may not be allowed to attend)