The art of shooting on-trend fashion photographs
Come and learn the basics of Fashion Photography on our half-day introduction course. Learn how the most “glamorous, stylish and fun” images are created in this very popular photography genre.
Working within a group, you will work in our school in the Cultural Northern Quarter, of Manchester’s City Centre with our award winning Fashion Photographer and you will acquire the knowledge in how to create creative fashion images, by:
- Getting the most from your camera,
- Understand how dynamic composition creates impact,
- Finding out how to use your meter to control image contrast and exposure,
- Understanding the reasons of good studio lighting and arrangements,
- Identifying the best ways to work with your models and how to create energy,
- Understanding client briefs,
- Setting up a shoot
This course is suitable for any of the following:
- Those that want to learn the basics in Fashion Photography.
- Those that have already attended our Beginners Photography Course and you want to progress your skill in another area.
- Those with some experience of photography and would like to try fashion Photography.
Targeting: Those wanting to shoot fashion photography and work creatively with their cameras.
- Any camera and level are welcome, a DSLR is recommended but not essential.
- Aspects of this course may take place outside; please ensure you wear suitable clothes for outdoor photography.
- It is important that you notify our staff ON ARRIVAL if you have any medical condition that we should know about.
3 hour sessions running on both AM (9.00am – 12.00pm) and PM (1.00pm – 4.00pm) please see bookings for course run and availability
Courses run from our 22 Lever Street School – please check the course schedule for dates and availability.
How to book
Please email us (email@example.com) to book on your course with your name and preferred date & if AM or PM, the course you wish to attend. If you are lucky enough to have a discounted or gift voucher for this event please make sure that you also email us the security code too!
We will then email by return to confirm your place. (For administration purposes please also bring your discounted/gift vouchers to the course, without them you may not be allowed to attend)